As one of the leading seafood companies, Morey’s Seafood International is proud to offer healthy, delicious products. The health benefits of seafood are well documented. The American Heart Association recommends at least two servings of fish each week to maintain optimum heart health. The USDA, as part of their revised dietary guidelines, also recommends eating at least two meals per week where seafood is the primary protein source. Even pregnant women are now encouraged to eat appropriate cooked seafood during their pregnancies to support proper fetal brain development! The evidence and research are overwhelmingly clear – seafood is a healthy food choice!
Morey’s Seafood International has a commitment to quality, and that commitment is evident in our entire line of chef inspired restaurant-taste at home products. Here are a few healthy facts, and why Morey’s is a good choice for your two or more meals per week of seafood!
- Most fish and seafood is naturally low in fat, and in particular, most are trans-fat free. When Morey’s adds marinades or sauces to our seafood as part of our Creations, we use only healthier canola and olive oils as ingredients to keep our products trans-fat free.
- Some species of fish are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is one of the best sources of this important nutrient. Morey’s Seafood offers many different salmon products, to suit your tastes while contributing to your healthy diet.
- Eating fish may lower your risk for debilitating conditions. A recent study showed that eating fish significantly reduces the risk of stroke, particularly for women. In addition, some research indicates that eating just one meal of fish each week may reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease by up to sixty percent.
- Gluten is a real concern for many people. Whenever possible, Morey’s provides products that are gluten free, so that you can buy with confidence. We produce a variety of smoked and marinated products, most of which are gluten free. All of our gluten free products are clearly labeled as such.
- For people trying to follow a low carb diet. Morey’s products can help, because they are low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
Morey’s is a great choice! Not only are Morey’s products made of premium fish and the highest quality ingredients, they are also easy and convenient to prepare. For more information on our excellent assortment of seafood products, visit Morey’s website, www.moreys.com. While you are there, be sure to sign up for information and recipes via email. You can also follow us on Twitter (@MoreysSeafood) or connect with our online community on Facebook.