Morey’s Seafood offers smoked fish and smoked salmon that can be great for any seafood meal. Morey’s is one of the seafood companies that focuses on quality smoked fish products to serve that tastes restaurant made! Smoked fish has been served from our kitchens for 75 years, being as we area leader in the seafood industry. Watch our video on some easy seafood dinner, seafood breakfast, and seafood lunch ideas!
Smoked salmon and smoked fish packaging has many purposes not just for sealing. Learn how to open smoked fish packaging from Morey’s Seafood. We have tips and industry secrets on how to open smoked fish packages. At Morey’s Seafood we are dedicated to informing our customers on how to properly handle and cook smoked fish and smoked salmon.
When it comes to frozen seafood, people have some strange misconceptions. Romanticizing the idea of “fresh fish,” they often discount the very real nutritional value of frozen fish! The truth is, frozen seafood contains a wealth of important nutrients, as well as being tasty, convenient, and easy to prepare. Here, we debunk some of the common myths related to frozen seafood and fish in general.
- Myth #1: Frozen fish is less nutritious than fresh fish. This is unequivocally false. Because fishing vessels remain at sea for long periods of time, the “fresh fish” you purchase has often been sitting around for a while before it reaches you. However, modern freezing methods allow for quick freezing of seafood to maintain quality and freshness. Frozen fish makes it to your table with the freshness locked in—just as nutritious and delicious as if you’d pulled the fish from the water yourself.
- Myth #2: Other meats are just as nutritious as fish. The fact is, fish are an excellent source of lean protein, amino acids, and Omega-3 fatty acids. Unlike fatty beef, pork or poultry products, fish is low in saturated fat, and the nutrients in fish fight a number of ailments, including cardiovascular disease. In fact, the American Heart Association recommends eating at least two servings of fish a week. Many of the frozen seafood products available from Morey’s Seafood are gluten free, which is great for those looking for a convenient and tasty meal as part of a gluten-free diet.
- Myth #3: Fishing is bad for the environment. Many trustworthy manufacturers, including frozen seafood brands like Morey’s Seafood, focus on sustainable and safe fishing methods to ensure the safety of the environment, and the regulation and control of fishing practices.
- Myth #4: Frozen seafood is hard to cook. This is Morey’s favorite falsehood to disprove! Morey’s offers a wide array of pre-portioned, individually packaged, marinated frozen seafood products that are both delicious and easy to cook. The Morey’s website also offers a wealth of recipes designed to make it quick and convenient to put delicious seafood on your family’s table.
For more information on how to choose the best frozen seafood, and how to prepare tasty seafood meals for your family, visit Morey’s website. For an even deeper connection with other frozen seafood lovers, join the online community on Facebook and Twitter.
You may have already heard about omega-3 fatty acids, but you might not know the extent of what they can do for you! That’s because it seems like new studies are constantly popping up, extolling new aspects of omega-3 benefits, and giving us ever more reasons to incorporate them into a healthy diet. From infant brain development to the prevention of heart disease, it seems there are few health conditions that can’t be improved with omega-3 consumption.
- What, exactly, are omega-3 fatty acids? It may sound like something out of science fiction, but omega-3 are actually a type of unsaturated fatty acid that is extremely beneficial, especially when found in fish. This nutrient is believed to reduce inflammation throughout the body, which is good, because inflammation in the body can damage blood vessels and lead to heart disease.
- If I’m not worried about heart disease, why should I care about omega-3? Omega-3 fatty acid benefits also may include decreased triglycerides, lower blood pressure, reduced blood clotting, higher immunity, and improvement of arthritis symptoms. Omega-3s are also great for children, and may help improve their ability to learn, and help with behavioral or attention-related issues.
- Alright, I’m sold! Now, what are some sources of omega-3 fatty acids? There are many omega-3 sources, including nuts, flaxseed, and soybeans. However, these omega-3 foods are not the best sources, because the human body does not absorb the omega-3 from them very well. Fish, on the other hand, is an excellent source of these essential fatty acids, one that is also loaded with protein. The American Heart Association recommends eating at least two servings of fish each week. The fish most packed with omega-3 are fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, lake trout, sardines, and albacore tuna.
- Does frozen seafood contain the same benefits as fresh? The best news about omega-3 fatty acids is that they can be readily found in frozen seafood, which is convenient, easy to prepare, and delicious. The fish retains not only its nutrients, but also the mouthwatering taste it would have had if you’d pulled it from the water yourself.
For over seventy five years, Morey’s Seafood has been putting great, nutritious seafood, full of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, onto dinner tables across America. Learn how to bring Morey’s to your family at moreys.com, where you’ll find helpful facts, delicious recipes, and more. For a deeper connection, join the online community on Facebook and Twitter.
Whether fresh or frozen, seafood is one of nature’s perfect foods! Packed with essential nutrients, including protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, seafood is an important part of a healthy diet that helps children to grow and develop properly, and may even help prevent heart disease. In fact, it seems as though scientists are always finding new ways that seafood is beneficial, from lowering cholesterol to improving vision and eye health! Frozen seafood brings all the goodness of seafood to your home, even if you’re half a world away from its source!
With a wealth of frozen seafood brands from which to choose, it’s important to select those that are reputable and provide high quality product. Whichever frozen seafood products you decide to buy, follow a few guidelines to make sure it is the best frozen seafood you can find.
- Make sure the packaging is intact. Never buy seafood if the package is open, torn, or crushed on the edges.
- Choose packages that are free from frost or ice crystals. The presence of ice might mean that the frozen fish has been stored for a long time, or that it has thawed and been refrozen.
- Keep frozen seafood in the freezer. Do not thaw seafood until you are ready to prepare it. Once you’re ready to use it, the best method is to thaw it slowly overnight in the refrigerator. Of course, many seafood products can be cooked straight from the freezer—no thawing required!
Frozen seafood makes it easy to serve your family delectable, restaurant-quality fish, straight from your own freezer! One of the top frozen seafood companies, Morey’s Seafood carries a wide variety of frozen seafood products that not only are nutritious, but mouthwateringly delicious as well. Visit Morey’s website to learn more, not just about their tasty products, but also about the health benefits of fish, and recipes you might want to try. For an even deeper connection, join the online community on Facebook, or read Morey’s informative blog.
Morey’s Shrimp Creations™ offers convenient meals at home, made with restaurant-quality seafood. You can prepare Shrimp Creations in minutes using a microwave, as featured in the video, on the stove top, or in the oven. If you have a busy schedule, and are looking for a quick meal that is low-fat, rich in nutrients, and omega-3 acids, frozen seafood like Shrimp Creations is the perfect addition to your diet. Need more health benefits? Shrimp Creations is also low in calories, trans fat free, and gluten free! To learn more about shrimp creations visit http://moreys.com/products/shrimp-creations, or visit http://moreys.com/contact-us to find a retailer near you.
Since its inception in 1937, Morey’s Seafood has been committed to providing families with high quality seafood products. But what does that really mean? Morey’s believes that it is not enough to deliver great tasting, easy to prepare seafood; sustainability and community outreach must also be priorities. The company’s vision is to put a wide variety of delicious, nutritious seafood on tables across America, while nurturing the community and protecting the environment. To that end, Morey’s has partnered with SeaShare and Ocean Trust, in order to promote responsible harvesting of seafood products, and find a way to give back.
While there are hundreds of organizations around the country and the world that focus on ending world hunger, SeaShare is the only one that focuses solely on seafood products and the seafood industry as a source of nutrition for hunger relief. The organization coordinates and combines donations from seafood distributors and wholesale seafood companies who want to give back to the community. Since the program began in 1994, more than 150 million meals have been provided to Feeding America’s food bank network—that’s more than 25 million pounds of seafood!
Morey’s Seafood is a proud donor of quality seafood products to SeaShare. In order to qualify as a seafood product donor for the SeaShare program, we had to prove that our sources are sustainable and that we responsibly utilize our marine resources. Our fresh seafood is indeed obtained responsibly, so we eagerly became a SeaShare donor as soon as we realized all the good that organization is doing!
This organization is all about keeping the public in touch with the reality of good and bad sustainability advice. The chairman of Ocean Trust proclaims that “rebuilding stocks through management is the key to sustainability, not campaigns that confuse consumers.” Ocean Trust has received six national awards for its wildlife and marine conservation efforts, and will continue its efforts to make real information available to the public.
Morey’s is proud to be considered a “Coastal Patron” with Ocean Trust. We want consumers to know which seafood products from certain fisheries are truly sustainable and which species are actually endangered, which is specifically why we endorse the important work done by the Ocean Trust organization.
To learn more about Morey’s seafood products, visit www.moreys.com.
Morey’s Seafood, one of the nation’s top seafood companies, is proud to be affiliated with the National Fisheries Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to seafood education and stewardship. Known for its commitment to quality, Morey’s Seafood maintains stringent standards of quality control and food safety, and adheres to strict policies regarding sustainable seafood harvesting. It’s only natural, then, that the company would cultivate affiliations with similarly minded organizations, committed to seafood industry best practices, and to maintaining a sustainable food source. The National Fisheries Institute is one such organization.
The National Fisheries Institute and its partners seek to be good stewards of the environment, adhering to the United Nations’ Principles for Responsible Fisheries. This is because they know that investing in the seas today will reap the rewards of plentiful fish and seafood for our children, and generations to come. Located in McLean Virginia, the National Fisheries Institute headquarters is the base of operations for the organization, whose member companies span many different aspects of the seafood business, from fishing vessel operators, to seafood restaurants, to seafood companies. Because of their appreciation for seafood, all of these businesses have come together to support the NFI’s goals of advocating responsible aquaculture, supporting free trade, and promoting the implementation of sound public policy, based on scientific facts.
Dedicated to providing education about seafood safety, sustainability, and nutrition, the National Fisheries Institute is also an important resource for information on fish and sea food. This commitment to education is clearly demonstrated on their website, AboutSeafood.com, which contains a wealth of information, including seafood recipes and nutritional facts. Chockfull of entertaining blog posts, interesting information, tips and advice from experts, and even seafood related news, this site is well worth browsing through, whether you’re trying to plan dinner or wondering about the health benefits of seafood.
Because of a deeply held belief in the value of incorporating seafood into a healthy lifestyle, Morey’s Seafood has been committed to providing high quality seafood, in a convenient way, to encourage healthy eating. In addition, the company actively seeks to partner with organizations that promote sustainable harvesting of seafood, and have an environmental conscience. For more information about the National Fisheries Institute please visit their website at www.aboutseafood.com.
Seafood is not only a delicious and accessible delicacy, but it is also part of a healthy balanced diet. As a busy professional, or full time parent, you may think the time constraints of life may prevent you from adding fish or seafood to your nutrition plan. If you are a seafood expert, or just short on time to cook, a quality frozen seafood is an excellent solution to add seafood to your diet.
Companies like Morey’s offer convenient options that are easy to cook and ready to add to any meal. With products ranging from marinated salmon, shrimp, mahi mahi, tilapia and other great seafood products, Morey’s can add a healthy protein to any meal in just minutes. To add quality frozen seafood products to your healthy lifestyle, look for Morey’s in your local grocery store. To find the nearest retailer in your area, visit http://www.moreys.com or call (866) 577-1709.